Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready.....

The weekend is here. The long planned for garage sale at Charleen's is over for me. It started at 6 a.m. er, sorry 6:15 I was late, this morning. There was a lot of traffic starting about 7 a.m., I should have counted but anyway it was steady all morning. Then about 1 p.m. it got totally dead and I was tired and my face hurt so I called Al to come and get me in the truck. I didn't have much stuff in the first place, but I did sell a few things. Ok, so I only made $23.50, so who's counting.

Then Al and I went for some lunch over to Kneaders. As we were walking in the door, I saw a man standing by his car, smoking. Oh no--I could feel it coming on. The Urge! The Urge to accost a stranger (or even a group of strangers) to tell them to stop smoking. I tried to stop myself but found within 2 seconds I was standing in front of him, telling him I don't normally accost people in the parking lot, and to please excuse me. I told him I have been diagnosed with lung cancer, and I never smoked. I told him he is 10 times more likely to get it than me, and since he is a smoker, it will likely be a worse cancer. I said please don't smoke, it is horrible having lung cancer.

Please someone stop me before I hurt myself!!!!

But seriously I hope any of you within the sight of this blog will accost everyone you know and anyone you see smoking and warn them about the dangers of carcinogens in cigarettes. Especially anyone you see around children. In my opinion, that is just child abuse. You say you love your wife and children, yet you smoke? You absolutely do not love them. You love yourself and that is all. Someday the piper must be paid, and if it isn't you with a big ol' honkin' tumor in your chest, it could be your precious child. Can you live with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment